FAQ.png

Questions?

Let's start out by getting something out of the way: we are not know-it-alls! We learn more and more with every project, and over the years we've learned a few tricks and tips to make the creative areas of the church function more smoothly and look better. We work with the time and resources that are given to us and try to create the best possible product for the church. We absolutely love what we do and can't believe we get to do this every day!

- Who is the creative team?

We are just a bunch folks who like to make awesome stuff. You can learn more about us here.

- How can I get some hands on learning?

Every year we host a conference called Grow, at our main campus in Birmingham, AL. Grow is a resource partnership, training process and support system with Church of the Highlands. Our goal is to supply you with everything you need to succeed and meet your goals as a leader and a church. As the creative team we teach several breakout labs where we will show you our process and answer any questions you may have. We won't go over stuff like what cameras and software to use, cause you can find that here, but more of how to get better at your craft in the situation you're in. If you're a creative team of 1 or 50 we want to help you in any way we can. Register here to come to Grow. 

- What is Highland News?

Every Sunday, between worship and the sermon, we play a three-minute-ish video called Highland News. HN serves as a quick way to give out the most important information about upcoming events in the shortest amount of time. Typically we announce our Growth Track events and any upcoming church-wide event, as well as any special announcements we may have. You can check out an example of Highlands News here and read how we write it here.

- What software do you use?

We all primarily operate in some app that Adobe has made. Adobe Creative Cloud covers almost all our needs. We also use DaVinci Resolve for coloring. 

- What kind of cameras do you use?

We've put together an entire production list for video production. You can find that list here.

- Do you work as a team on projects or as individuals?

99% of the time we work as a team... the other 1% is when someone is in timeout. We take a team approach to our projects. Whether it is working on a day-to-day basis with a teammate or getting feedback on something that's close to completion, we don't think of projects as something that belongs to an individual member of the team. Every project belongs to the entire team.

- How/Where can I learn video/photography?

While some of us do have our degrees in our field, many of us don't. The beauty of our field is that there is no right or normal way of getting into this. For some of us, it started as a passion; for others, we just fell into it because someone needed a project done and we were foolish...ahem...brave enough to volunteer. But ALL of us have learned from someone who was generous enough to offer their knowledge and expertise to help others get better. To them we are immensely thankful.

Click here for a list of some of those people/blogs to which are indebted.