We are excited to announce we are now accepting applications for our Summer Creative Internship. If you’re passionate about building the Church through the creative arts, we want to meet you!
Here is what we’re looking for:
- Someone who is a self-starter, motivated worker, and eager learner.
- Someone who has both passion and skill in any of the following areas:
- Graphic Design
- Social Media
- Video Production
- Motion Design
- Digital Marketing
- Creative Project Management
- Someone who is interested in working in ministry
- Someone who is willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done and is a team player
- Someone who can work efficiently, keep up with a fast pace, and isn’t afraid to ask questions or contribute to conversations and project development
- Someone who appreciates unconventional humor, Chipotle, Nerf wars, and working with lots of different personality types
Dates: Someone available Monday - Thursday from May 21 - August 3 (there is some flexibility to work around summer travel plans)
Here is what you can expect to gain:
- An understanding of the creative process especially in the context of ministry
- An ability to embrace time and resource limitations and still create excellent end results
- An ability to work with a team, give and receive constructive criticism, and champion the best idea even if it’s not your own
- Fine tuning of your technical skills in your area of focus (graphic design, social media, video production, motion design, copywriting, photography, digital marketing, creative project management)
- An ability to pitch ideas, receive and apply critique to your work, and accomplish big projects on a deadline
- Personalized input from our team to help with professional, creative, and personal development
- Participation in creative team meetings and processes as well as Highlands Staff meetings
- Time working as part of the Creative Team, being responsible for projects, and being part of the weekly team flow and productivity
Our internships are unpaid, but we are happy to work with you to receive college credit if that’s something your school offers. We’re confident our internship will provide you a range of learning experiences, and significantly build and refine your creative skills. If selected for the internship, you’ll be expected to work Monday through Thursday from May 21 - August 3 in our Birmingham offices.
If this fits what you’re looking for, fill out your application no later than March 1 at 11:59pm CST. We will only receive applications through this form. Please do not email any part of your application.
We’re excited to get to know you!