Highlands uses banners for event and program promotion. Designing for banners take a slightly different approach due to their size. Here are a couple of parameters that you will want to use when designing banners
1) If designing in Adobe Photoshop use the actual dimensions of the size of your banner and set the DPI to 100
2) Always use vector images for logos and important detail work
3) Designing in Adobe Illustrator will give you higher quality image than something like Photoshop
4) Email your printer for file type and bleed areas needed for print. Usually a PDF, JPG, or Tiff are standard and 1" bleed standard for banners.
5) For printing purpose use CMYK vs RGB- CMYK is the printing standard so they will not have to convert the file.
6) Banner designs should be simple and clearly show the event your promoting. Details get lost easily so KEEP IT SIMPLE!
*Make sure the content on your banners are not dated or subject to change unless you plan on updating them as details change. For example, for conference promotions, we will not put the date on the banner itself, that way we can use it for the actual event as well!